Monday, August 16, 2010

Madras Lentils

I like curry, but most Japanese curry contains wheat flour.  Even some Indian and Thai curries produced in Japan contain wheat flour.  So when I saw that Tasty Bites had Indian that was gluten free?  Well, sign me up!

I picked this one at random.  I'd already tried another variety and it was good, so I thought I would try another.

I boiled it in the bag, as I usually do with curry.  Microwaving is never a good idea if you can help it.  When I opened it, the first thing I thought was, "Chili!"

I love chili.  This is vegetarian, but it absolutely smells like chili.  Kind of looks like chili.  And hey!  It tastes like chili too!

It's a bit spicy, but not awful.  The lentils make up the bulk of it, and there are some larger red beans mixed in somewhere.  But basically, it's a lot like a vegetarian chili.  But not vegan.  It does contain butter.  And cream.  (Mmmm, butter and cream.)

It's not really what I was expecting--I thought it would have more of a curry flavor--but it's tasty nonetheless.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment