Sunday, April 3, 2011

Glutino Vanilla Wafer Cookies

I bought these in the hopes that they would be something Kit-Kat-ish to fill that void that was previously filled by ... Kit-Kats.

I ate a couple on the way home, despite the horrid 50mph gusts ... and the rain ... and my umbrella being shoved in my face.  I managed to actually get two of these cookies into my mouth without them flying away!  And they were ... nothing special.

I'm not sure why they tasted like nothing.  I expected them to be more like those little wafer cookies you could get in the "select your own cookie bins" in the supermarket when I was younger.  Those kind of peach-colored vanilla wafers that had no coating but were oddly citrusy and delicious.  I thought this might be the chocolate-covered version, and I was wrong.  So, so wrong.

I took them home and put them in the fridge.  I was sure they wouldn't last outside the fridge, since it gets into the 80s during the day and that's a bad climate for chocolate. 

The second time I ate them, they were a bit better than the first.  Not flavorless as before, but kind of pleasantly sweet.

The last time I ate them, they had that interesting tang and the vanilla was actually detectable in the cookie. 

So I'm not sure what to say about these.  Open them, stick them in the fridge, and wait a week??  Honestly, I don't like buying foods with such complicated directions.  I might try another flavor in the future to see if it's any better straight out of the box, but maybe not.

I think the price was $4-5 or so for 16 wafer cookies.  Glutino sells larger "candy bar" wafers, but I chose these since a serving was 4 and I could choose to only have a little sugar or a lot rather than having so much thrust upon me at once in one of the larger bars.  Like most Glutino products, these lack nutrition.  They must have had something, since I actually bothered to buy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment