Monday, May 23, 2011

Lucy's Cinnamon Thins

Right before I threw the box out ...
 First I'd like to ask why the cookie is called "Cinnamon Thin" when there are obviously several cookies in a box.  Shouldn't they be "Cinnamon Thins?"  For the purpose of this article, I will call them "Thins."  I really have a hard time calling a plural object by a singular name. 



There are a million brands of gluten free packaged cookies on the market these days.  Or at least, it feels like a million, doesn't it?  And so many of them are absolutely horrible.

They're too gritty, too dry, too weirdly chewy, taste like raisins, too sweet, not sweet enough, and so on.  I've had one brand absolutely wow me (Wow Baking).  A couple are fairly edible.  The rest have been disappointing and a big waste of money.

I like cinnamon, so when I saw these cookies on sale for $3.99 at Safeway, I was thrilled.  It was an opportunity to try a cookie that would normally cost at least a dollar more.  I've wasted so much money looking for a good cookie that I really really really wished that these would be good.
But they LOOK so nice, don't they?  A+ for pretty cookie.
I don't think they were awful, really.  They were just too sweet.  Really, really sweet.  I prefer a cookie to be a bit more buttery and subtle, but this was ... painfully sweet.  There wasn't enough cinnamon flavor, and there wasn't enough of any specific flavor, really.  At least they might have been really good sugar cookies if not for the sickening sweetness.

I had Lucy's chocolate chip cookies once in the past and I remember being pretty underwhelmed by them.  I would be pretty hesitant to give Lucy another shot in the future.

Each cookie is pretty diet-worthy at only 40ish calories.

Contains soy, soy, soy, soy, dairy, eggs and nuts.  (Seriously, there is a LOT of soy in there.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment