Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mi-Del Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

I must have some sort of body part that is dedicated to metabolizing Oreo cookies.  In the absence of Oreo cookies, it triggers a reaction that causes me to salivate and obsess over and crave Oreo cookies.  That's all I can figure.  I love Oreos more than life itself and would jump in front of a train for them. 

So it's been hard to not be able to eat them.  I see Oreo cheesecake and Oreo ice cream and Oreo this and that, and I want it soooo bad.  But really, I just want an Oreo.  How can I have an Oreo?  I needed something like an Oreo.  NOW.

Well, I found these lovely friends and decided that I would give them a shot.  After all, they LOOK like Oreos, right?

They are not Oreos.

They aren't horrible.  But let me explain how this works, exactly. 

When I opened the package, it was like staring at Oreos again.  Hello, fake Oreos!  And I pulled one out and bit into it.  Absolutely vile.  Like chewing on cardboard.  Just disgusting.  But then as I chewed and took another bite, the flavor started to catch up with itself.  Slowly it became the flavor of an Oreo cookie. 

When I bit into the second cookie, it was a convincing Oreo substitute. 

The aftertaste leaves something to be desired, though.  I'm sure this is a common problem, like my bland cheese problem. 

Well, so here's the thing.  You can eat these Mi-Del sandwich cookies in place of your beloved gluteny chocolate sandwich cookie of choice, but you need to be warned that you MUST eat two cookies in order to appreciate the flavor.  One will not do.  And at 130 calories per two cookies, you're wasting about 70 calories of your day on a cookie that tastes like paper products. 

Enjoy.

I wonder if they would be any good in something like a cheesecake.  I ordinarily eat my chocolate sandwich cookies by halves, but when I tried that with these cookies, found the frosting too bland.  Blah.  (I don't eat them with milk because milk is disgusting, but they might be good for that.  I have no clue.)

No comments:

Post a Comment