Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cookie Monster: Pamela's Ginger Cookies (with sliced almonds)

Recently I have become a cookie monster.  All I want are some delicious cookies to call my own, and which are pretty tasty.  And not giant cookies that are soft and delicious, but something small and bite-sized to snack on.

This is a little difficult.  I really liked the Mi-Del ginger snaps, but I wanted to try some other cookies and was hoping I could find a soft cookie (I prefer soft cookies) that was also good but small.  (The WOW cookies are awesome, but expensive at the store I found them at, and one cookie is two servings!)

I saw a few varieties of Pamela's cookies at the store I was in, and since I enjoy ginger cookies, I decided to buy them.  I tapped the plastic part of the package and was sure that these were soft cookies before buying them, although I was pretty careful not to actually dent the cookie ... just in case, you know?

I tried them almost as soon as I got home.  They were pleasantly soft and very dark brown, with lots of sliced almonds.  The problem was that the molasses flavor was very overwhelming.  They were quite bitter as a result.  I kept thinking they would be better with some cream cheese frosting, but as they were they were just not pleasant to eat.  Kind of like taking medicine.

If you like a bitter, dark molasses and ginger cookie, then these are for you.  But if you prefer something sweeter, I'd still have to go with Mi-Del or the big, soft WOW cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment