Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pamela's NY Style Cheesecake

I've been aching for some good cheesecake for a while.  Cheesecake is one of those things that wouldn't really contain gluten if not for the crust (although some recipes include flour), but it's really hard to find one that both does not have crust and does not contain that pesky flour.

What Pamela brings us here is a cheesecake that not only has a crust, but is completely gluten free.  There are several varieties, but the one at my local store was the NY style cheesecake in the miniature size.  One 3 inch cake?  Almost $7.  OUCH.

But I've been really sick recently and reasoned that I deserved a little sweet, creamy happiness.  I bought a single cake hoping to make it last a few days.  Or two.  I think I can do two.

The first thing I noticed was the lovely flavor of rich, creamy cheesecake.  My second bite included some of the crust, which was an interesting ginger snap flavor that didn't overpower the cheesecake itself.  In fact, it complemented it quite well.  It's an absolutely super cake.  I can't really say anything bad about it except for the fact that it cost almost as much as my loaf of Udi's.  I can justify the bread with the fact that there's about 14 slices in there, but one cake at almost $7 is hard to justify as a broke college student, especially when I'm basically forced to pay more for food or else suffer the consequences.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment