Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oskri Coconut Bar

I love coconut.

Not sugary sweet coconut like in Mounds (that's all right), but fresh coconut.  I cut the crap out of myself some months ago because I wanted a darn coconut and spent hours hacking and whacking one open in my apartment.  It was $10 but it was a delicious thing.

I'd tried to find coconuts since arriving in Hawaii.  I thought Hawaii = coconut.  Now I can't find a damn coconut.

I was at Long's looking at the Lara Bars and then at the other bars around them.  That's when I saw these coconut bars.

Coconut?  Coconut??  DID SOMEONE SAY "COCONUT???"

It was $1.20 and the ingredients were listed as coconut and rice syrup.  Is that all?  Sounds good to me.  I was starving and couldn't help but start eating it when I was on the way home.

It wasn't like a Mounds.  It was much less sweet.  It tasted a lot more like a natural piece of coconut than I was expecting.  I would definitely prefer real, fresh coconut, but this is a good alternative.  Gluten-free, lactose-free, kosher, halal, vegan ... good for everyone, assuming you like coconut.

Or aren't allergic to coconut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment